Western Sahara 2016

Western Sahara 2016

Saturday 11 August 2012

Flying over Mount Kenya

What a great day! For the first time in ages, our view of Mount Kenya was crystal clear and Will decided to try out a flight around the mountain in his new six seater plane. One minute your day is ticking along as normal, the next I am in a plane flying around the summit of Mount Kenya. I am very lucky! The lower slopes of Mount Kenya are farmland with contrasting shades of yellow, green and brown depending on which crop is growing or has been recently harvested. Further up, the scenery changes to forests and lakes. The vivid turquoise blue of Lakes Alice and Ellis are beautiful viewed from above. Then finally the jagged snow capped peaks –the two highest peaks only accessible to serious climbers. Those walking up Mount Kenya have to settle for the third highest peak as their “summit”.

As if my day wasn’t fantastic enough, my mum has booked her flight out here in September to come and stay for a week, AND I have booked my flight to India in October. Going to spend six weeks travelling around India mid October to end of November with Dianne. Very exciting!!

I have finally broken my lion jinx too. Whenever I go on game drives, I hardly ever see lions. And whilst rhinos, elephants, etc, are great, secretly everybody wants to see big cats. Now not once, but twice in the past week, I have seen lions. Admittedly the same two lionesses each time, but still better than no lions…

No comments:

Post a Comment