Western Sahara 2016

Western Sahara 2016

Saturday 1 October 2011

Australia!

Just a quick blog update to let those who care know that I have arrived safely in Australia. It was so lovely to be met at Perth airport by Jen and Jason (and kids). After a long flight via Kuala Lumpur, it was awesome to see a friendly face at the other end, get driven home and made a great steak dinner. Not to mention a good gossip and catch up with Jen as it has been several years since we last saw each other (Jen and I used to live together at uni).

Had a great night's sleep and feel remarkably un-jet lagged. My first proper day in Australia and already I have seen kangaroos and koala bears! Jen and Jason are being great hosts and have given me a tour of the surrounding area today. They live in Butler, just north of Perth and about 5 minutes from the beach. Today we've been out and about, including a visit to Yanchep National Park. I am struck by how new, modern and clean everything is about Australia. Most of the houses are very new and the malls and shopping centres the same (quite American in many ways but I know Aussies hate it when they are compared to America!).

Just off to the beach to watch the sunset and enjoy some "coldies" - that is Australian for a cold drink / beer. Luckily, as I've spent the past five months in the company of several Aussies, I am able to understand the lingo fairly well now..

No comments:

Post a Comment