Western Sahara 2016

Western Sahara 2016

Monday 31 October 2011

Final days in Oz

Well, the 16 hour bus journey actually wasn't so bad in the end. I got a ticket no problem and it was a lot cheaper than flying, so I guess that's a positive. Not that I have got my money back from Qantas yet as it's impossible to get through to speak to anyone at the moment. The bus wasn't as busy as I thought it might be and by the time I wanted to sleep, I had two seats to myself. The advantage of being short is that I can curl up relatively comfortably on two seats and sleep pretty well!

When I got to Sydney, I had a call from Sue and Bruce (from my Africa trip). They were coming to Sydney later that morning so we met up for lunch and coffee. Lovely to see them after missing out on the Sunday BBQ with everyone. Sue and Bruce have put together the most amazing (and very professional) photobook of our African odyssey so they were also able to give me my copy. It really is a fantastic keepsake to have of our travels. I shall bore you all with it when I'm back in the UK..

My final evening in Australia was spent enjoying a BBQ at Katie and Sean's. I really am very lucky to have met so many lovely people on my travels so far.

My month in Australia is now over and I fly to New Zealand later today (thankfully not with Qantas). A month actually isn't very long in Australia. It really is such a vast country and I've only had time to see a very small part of it. Would certainly like to come back at some point, although I think the way to see the country properly is probably to drive yourself in a camper van so that you don't have to follow the standard backpacker routes. May be some day..

No comments:

Post a Comment