Western Sahara 2016

Western Sahara 2016

Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year

Just a quick blog post to wish everyone a happy new year. Thanks to everyone who has sent me emails or messages via Facebook wishing me a happy Christmas, etc. Apologies that I haven't replied to many of you. I will get round to it one day when the internet improves!!

So New Years at Wilderness was fun. We had dinner out in the bush with a campfire, two whole roasted lambs and Masai warrior dancing. With the amazing stars here, it was really very beautiful and quite unique. Certainly a different way to spend New Year.

Well, who knows what 2012 will bring, but I wish everyone all the best.

By the way, for those who are interested in the progress of my foal (who has been named Santa), he is doing okay. Still a little wobbly but getting there. Had a bit of a setback yesterday as I think he must have fallen over in the stable as he has a few little cuts and is lame on his back leg. Seems better today though so I just hope he will start to go from strength to strength. No sign of the next foal yet... As for the other horses, they are still proving a challenge. The guests we have staying are very into riding so it wasn't a good start to New Years Eve when two of the horses we were planning to use come out of the stable lame. I am rapidly running out of 'useful' horses and the ones that are sound are being massively over used. Fortunately it's a quieter day today so some of them can have a rest. For the first time since arriving here, I actually used the pool today and did a bit of sunbathing as the guests are all out walking and having lunch. Peace and quiet..

No comments:

Post a Comment